Friday night Amelia spent the night at Grandma Pat's and Grandpa Ray's so Travis and I could work on her birthday present and preparations. I started baking the cake, pink cake, all shades of pink. When I asked Amelia what kind of cake she wanted, she said PINK! So pink is what she got. I saw a ombre pink cake on pinterest, so I decided to give it a whirl.
As part of Amelia's present, we did a little room makeover for her. While I was working on the cake and playing with Truman, Travis started painting one wall in her room. We picked out this nice turquoise.
The finished product. A big girl room for a big girl.
Ray brought Amelia home this morning and I just waited for her to go into her room to discover the changes.
And the birthday party begins! Ashley brought her this giant button to wear.
The kids watching Up, their favorite movie.
Playing in the basement.
Grandma Cretia's welcome wagon.
All of the kids enjoyed going through Amelia's dress up box, especially Saige. She wore this necklace most of the day. So pretty.
| Twins! |
| Scott and Saige scaring the other kids. |
She had so much fun blowing out the candles and did it so quickly, that I lit them again for her to blow out.
Later in the afternoon, the Porter's came to visit us. They came to town for a wedding. We haven't seen them in over 7 months, so it was great to visit and catch up. They stayed with us for supper and the kids played while we talked.
| I love this boy. LOTS. He's my little cowboy butterfly. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.